Intel publishes a list of performance degradation results after CPU vulnerability "meltdown" "Spector" countermeasure
"All processors have problems that can not achieve both safety and high speed"Meltdown (Meltdown)" and "Specter (Specter)" which is a big uproar from the beginning of the year of 2018, which is expressed, and how much PC performance changes when you apply a patch Whether Intel announced benchmark results under multiple environments.
Intel Security Issue Update: Initial Performance Data Results for Client Systems
Intel Says Chip - Security Fixes Leave PCs No More Than 10% Slower - Bloomberg
This time, Intel released it in six environmentsSYSMARK 2014 SE·PCMark 10·3DMark Sky Diver·WebXPRT 2015It is the benchmark result of. However, it is not a specific score, it is a relative value when the performance which it originally exhibits is taken as 100%.
The test environment is
· 8th Generation Desktop Processor Intel Core i7 8700K (Cofee Lake) / Windows 10 / SSD
· 8th generation mobile processor Intel Core i7-8650U (Kaby Lake) / Windows 10 / SSD
· 7th generation mobile processor Intel Core i7 7920HQ (Kaby Lake) / Windows 10 / SSD
· 6th Generation Desktop Processor Intel Core i7 6700K (Skylake) / Windows 10 / SSD
· 6th Generation Desktop Processor Intel Core i7 6700K (Skylake) / Windows 7 / SSD
· 6th Generation Desktop Processor Intel Core i7 6700K (Skylake) / Windows 7 / HDD
Six of them.
Despite variations in scores, the benchmark content assuming office use is around 95% in any environment, the impact is minor. In the case of 3D Mark, it was shown that there was almost no performance degradation after performing several kinds of benchmarks.
In the benchmark on Responsiveness (responsiveness) at SYSMark 2014 SE, only Windows 7 · HDD environment of Core i 7 6700 K showed a higher numerical value than before than 101% on the other hand, Both of the other five SSD environments showed a decline of more than 10%, especially in environments such as Core i7 6700 K, Windows 10, SSD 79%, 21% scored lower.
in Hardware, Posted by logc_nt