A juvenile who was asserted as a murderer and became death at the age of 17 and whose remains were exhibited as specimens, was finally buried and buried after 190 years after death

In the UK in 1821, a former girlfriend Eliza Balsum who threw herself saw him walking with a new boyfriend, 17-year-old John Horwood who got blood on his head unexpectedly picked up a pebble and threw it. A pebble hits a temple, Eliza was injured slightly, but a doctor at a hospital who went to receive an allowance drilled a hole in his head as "infected from a wound"Head perforation(Toju Shinko)Due to having performed surgeryBrain abscessIt died in a week.

Dr. Richard Smith, the surgeon who performed this surgery, told the police that he was throwing a stone at Horwood and in a single day trial where Dr. Smith appeared as a prosecution witness, Horwood asserted that he was a murderer It was hanged and the body was dissected as a part of the class by Dr. Smith himself's hands and the skin was used for book binding which compiled the history of the incident and the dissection record, As a 17-year-old boy who was exhibited in "Exposure" and continues to be exposed, it is a miserable end of course as a price to throw pebbles under a temporary passion.

The wish of the bereaved families who hoped that they wanted to regain their dignity properly for a long time is fulfilled, funerals are finally carried out in 190 years after execution and the remains of Horwood are buried in the village cemetery It seems to be decided.Funeral for murderer hanged in 1821 after his skeleton is found in Bristol University cupboard | Mail Online

BristolSuburbsHan hamJohn Horwood who was 17 years old when he was born and threw a stone towards former lover Eliza. On April 13, 1821, when it was executed in Bristol's prison three days after his 18th birthday, he was convinced that he was a murderer who murdered Eliza and expressed regret. It seemed to have been.

After the death sentence, the bereaved families of Horwood pleaded delivery of the body, but Dr. Smith refused and attempts to recapture the body of a group of friends of Horwood and relatives from the penal institution to the hospital also failed, and the bodies were Dr. Smith It was decided to be dissected while 80 students visited the university lecture by hand.

In a book that was attached with Horwood's skin after dissection, along with a record of dissection by Dr. Smith, the history of the incident is attached with a picture.

Dr. Smith said that the remains of Horwood was taken as a skeletal specimen, it was kept in a "helplessly" state at home and was showing off to the guests. After that, specimens are only until recentlyUniversity of BristolIt was on display at.

As a hobbyFamily historyAs I was investigating, it was discovered that the grandfather's father (grandpa old grandfather) was brother of John Horwood, near ManchesterLeighMary Halliwell living in Japan (67 years old). Horwood's parents found a letter and others pleading for the implementation of a formal funeral, determined to want to fulfill the desires of his ancestors, trace the corpse of Horwood's body, prove that he is a descendant, and possess ownership of the remains He said he insisted.

Halliwell's assertion was accepted and funeral and burials were held on April 13, 2011, just 190 years after Horwood's execution.

A state of the funeral in Bristol's church.

It seems that 50 people including Horwood descendants and historical enthusiasts attended the funeral procession.

In 190 years after death, Horwood is to be buried in the cemetery of the village of the home village.

in Note, Posted by darkhorse_log