The privacy-oriented browser Cliqz development team claims how dangerous 'Google search monopoly' is, and why is search engine diversity necessary?


By

simon

Cliqz ” is a privacy-oriented web browser with a cloud-based tracking prevention system and a “unique search engine” that displays behavioral targeting advertisements based on browsing history, etc., without user personal information. . The development team says that Google ’s information monopoly is the reason for developing its own search engine.

The world needs Cliqz. The world needs more search engines.
https://www.0x65.dev/blog/2019-12-01/the-world-needs-cliqz-the-world-needs-more-search-engines.html

The cost of designing and operating “search engines” is enormous, so there are very few “independent search engines” such as Google, Bing, Yandex, and Baidu. With the exception of China, which regulates Google, Google ’s usage rate reaches 93% in global searches. The remaining 7% can be said to be 'non-Google search engines', but search engines such as Startpage and ask.com use the search results of Google search engines like Bing is the content of Yahoo! Search . Therefore, the 'actual Google search engine utilization' is higher than 93%.

In addition, the tendency of people who use Google to “read only“ search results ”and do not click links on pages” has accelerated in recent years. In June 2019, online marketing company SparkToro announced that 'the percentage of people who didn't click links on Google search exceeded 50%.'

Less than Half of Google Searches Now Result in a Click | SparkToro
https://sparktoro.com/blog/less-than-half-of-google-searches-now-result-in-a-click/



This result means that many people get information by looking only at Google search results. In response to this fact, the Cliqz development team said, “In Wikipedia, there are confirmation of the contents by the community and display of the citation source, but such confirmation of contents does not exist in Google search results. 'Incorrect content pages are also included.' In addition to the pages with the wrong content, the search results may also show an excerpt of “a small part of the page” that is far from what the page really wants to convey. Although the search results are not facts or far from the intent of the page, it has been pointed out as a problem that it is believed that they are “facts because they are displayed on Google”.

The Cliqz development team also argues that “the state of Google monopoly leads to censorship”. Google also knows that it was developing a search engine 'Dragonfly' with a censorship function by Chinese authorities.

It turned out that Google was developing a search engine with censorship function for China-GIGAZINE


by

bfishadow

It was reported that Dragonfly continued to develop secretly while Google's Pichai CEO testified at the hearing that 'no release is planned', and many criticisms were gathered. At the end of those twists and turns, Google announced Dragonfly's “Cancel Project” in an official forum .

Furthermore, since Google is in a position to monitor a large amount of traffic information, it is also a problem that “personal information can be obtained”. The Cliqz development team gave a survey result that Google is tracking 82% of traffic, and it is possible to distort search results with the obtained personal information, so Google search engine `` Google actually propaganda Regardless of whether or not to run, Google search engine is described as the perfect medium for propaganda.


By

377053

The Cliqz development team also points out that Google ’s influence is not limited to search results. Web marketing research company in the United States eMarketer is, Google is and has gained about 38 percent of the digital advertising costs in the United States of the 2018 fiscal year was reported . The total amount Google paid to partner companies in 2018 is $ 26.7 billion (about 2.9 trillion yen), the Cliqz development team said, `` It is difficult to bite the hands of the companies that feed you, '' Google Argues that the influence of is growing across the industry.

The Cliqz development team claims that 'Google's monopoly' is a problem, no matter how good Google products are and how good Google does. While the Cliqz development team expressed the development of its own search engine as `` it seems to be overwhelmingly difficult and seemingly impossible, '' it says `` it needs to be solved '' and clarified its commitment to work It is.

A beta version of Cliqz's own search engine, developed by a team of about 100 people over a period of five years, is now available.

Cliqz
https://beta.cliqz.com/



in Web Service,   Security, Posted by log1k_iy