How long are companies and users afraid to continue using Windows XP unsupported?

ByNick Perla

It is a well-known fact that if you continue to use Windows XP which ended support as of April 9, 2014, you will have serious anxiety about security. Nonetheless, there seems to be people and companies still using Windows XP, and we will sell security softwareBitdefenderInvestigated SMEs around the world, it turned out that many SMEs still use Windows XP.

One in five businesses are still using Windows XP despite the risks

Not big, not clever: Some businesses just can not let go of Windows XP | ZDNet

According to Bitdefender's findings, 18.73% of small and medium-sized companies spread all over the world are still using Windows XP, which has been discontinued. In other words, one company in approximately five small and medium-sized enterprises will be a Windows XP user who is uneasy about security. A majority of 53% of small and medium-sized enterprises who upgraded after receiving support from Windows XP switched to Windows 7 Professional. The remaining 47% seems to be upgraded to other versions such as Windows 7 Home Premium and Windows 8.1 Pro.

In addition,Data examined by Net Applications from April 20 to May 2014According to the desktop PC connected to the Internet, the most used in Windows 7 is about 50%. And the second most frequently used is Windows XP, about 25%. Other breakdowns are 6.33% for Windows 8, 6.1% for Windows 8.1, 4.11% for Mac OS X 10.9, 2.89% for Windows Vista, and 1.59% for Linux.

ZDNet says, "There may be some individual users who do not understand the risk of continuing to use Windows XP, but as SMEs continue to use Windows XP, there is no doubt about what dangers are lurking It should be understood that perhaps because Microsoft had distributed patches for Internet Explorer for Windows XP despite the end of support for Windows XP, SMEs "have problems We are expecting that patches will be distributed again. "

surelyA serious vulnerability is discovered in Internet ExplorerMicrosoft was already out of supportDistributing patches to Windows XPDid. However, after that, Microsoft said "There will not be an update ever on PCs with Windows XP"Declaration, So users who are still using Windows XP are likely to upgrade their version as soon as possible without having fancy expectations.

in Note,   Software, Posted by darkhorse_log