Development team reveal why Nexus 5X and Nexus 6P are not compatible with wireless charging
At the event held on 30th SeptemberGoogle announces the latest smartphone "Nexus 5X" "Nexus 6P"Although it did, some people may have regretted specs and sorry as "Wireless charging is not supported!" Reddit explains why the development team did not respond or could not respond.
Hi, I'm Hiroshi Lockheimer, here at Google with the team that build Nexus 5X & amp; 6 P ... Ask Us Anything !: IAmA
What I wrote to Reddit is Android · Chromecast · Chrome OS etc as Vice President of Android Engineering and is also a member of the Nexus development teamHiroshi LockheimerMr. In order to prove himself / herself, I released the following picture on Nexus official account on Twitter.
The thread says, "If you have something you do not understand about Nexus 5X or Nexus 6P, I answer whatever." There are various things such as "Why does 5X have a 64GB model, 128GB model?" "Why does X and P mean?", But one of them is "why wireless charging Qi) did not it correspond to? "Was a question.
As a smartphone of Google, it is questionable that Nexus 4 released in 2012 and Nexus 5 released in 2013 correspond to Qi, and the latest terminals Nexus 5X and Nexus 6P are not compliant Many people embraced and many people who asked similar questions appeared.
Mr. Lockheimer's answer to this was "If it corresponds to Qi, it becomes thicker."
In the first place, Nexus 4 and Nexus 5 are Micro - USB Type - B (Micro B) USB port. Since the terminal is not reversible and the direction to insert is fixed, it is possible to happen that you intended to insert it correctly even if you tried to insert it correctly. That adopted there was Qi which can be easily charged simply by placing it.
However, USB Type-C was adopted in Nexus 5X and Nexus 6P. You can insert the cable without paying attention to which way it is, and the charging speed itself is also faster and it takes only 97 minutes to fully charge the Nexus 6P with 1% of the battery's remaining capacity. Especially the first 45 minutes will be charged at once.
The disadvantage of using the USB port in this way is reduced. Because it is stuffy to say "easy to insert", "can charge quickly", "can also make the terminal thinner" is stuffy, Qi was to be removed in exchange for the adoption of USB Type-C.
From Reddit users
· I think the terminal becomes too thin, making it difficult to have it.
· "There is no Qi reason why you do not change your model from Nexus 5. If you have Qi, you do not need to take the trouble to plug and unplug the cable.
· I use Qi because the USB port wears out in about a year. Does the new connector last longer than the previous one?
· Whether the direction of the terminal is reversible or not, putting the cable in the terminal itself is painful.
· Because it is saved in emergency when you can quickly charge it, USB Type-C itself is favorable, but I think that it will not lead to a useful denial of Qi even if charging time is long.
There are opinions that are not so positive, such as,
in Mobile, Posted by logc_nt