It turns out that those who think that `` a time margin is more important than money '' can find a rewarding job and be happy


by Monam

Past research has revealed that “ you cannot buy happiness with money, but you can buy happiness with time”, but the course and happiness of students who answered the questionnaire “Which do you think money or time is important?” The survey results show that people who value time are more rewarding and have a happy life.

Valuing time over money predicts happiness after a major life transition: A preregistered longitudinal study of graduating students | Science Advances
https://advances.sciencemag.org/content/5/9/eaax2615

Recent graduate advice: why choosing a job for the money has a dark side | Inverse
https://www.inverse.com/article/59375-recent-grads-who-value-time-over-money-are-happier-one-year-out

A research group such as Ashley Willans, who studies behavioral science at Harvard Business School, asked about 1,000 students at the University of British Columbia who graduated asking, “Which is money or time?” A questionnaire was conducted. And after the subject graduated, they asked the same question and asked them to answer a questionnaire that asked them whether they were satisfied with their job or whether they were happy.

by Nejron

Of the 1232 university students who answered the questionnaire while they were studying, 61.7% of the students answered that “time is more important”, and the remaining 38.3% said “money is more important”. In addition, when a similar questionnaire was conducted on 1060 people who cooperated in the survey after graduation, about 13% of the “time group” turned to “money group”, but “money group” was almost the same. Since the ratio was changed to “time group” at the same rate, the ratio of “time group” was 61.5% and “money group” was 38.5% in the second questionnaire.

On the other hand, the results of the questionnaire on career and happiness after graduation were very different. The student who was a time group in his school days was more satisfied with his job than a money group student, and he was overwhelmingly happy. When Mr. Willans investigated the employment place of time group people, while they were generally working on `` what they want to do / something worth doing '', the money group people chose a good job, It was n’t tied to what I wanted to do. ”

by bialasiewicz

In the questionnaire conducted by the research group, there were items that evaluated whether the parents were wealthy or whether they were real people, but these factors did not have a significant impact on the course or happiness. thing. Mr. Willans pointed out that the person who answered that time was more important was not because he chose short-time work, but because he had a job that was rewarding and enjoyable. He told me that he would be happier if he wasn't bound by income or fame.

in Note, Posted by log1l_ks